Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Welcome!

I've created this blog for the purpose of keeping people updated on my farming adventures.

As a recap, after many months of agonizing and researching I've finally decided on a farm! They are B&H organic produce, and this is their website: http://www.bhorganicproduce.com/.  I am very excited for the summer of learning and hard work that is to come!  I'm moving in to the intern cottage on April 6th.  A little less than two weeks to go!

On the farm there will be: me, Erica who is running things generally, another intern named Sam, Paul who owns the farm, a family of four-I think (friends of Paul's), Erica's veteran farming friend Laura, and other occasional visitors/helpers, possibly including you!  I have met Paul and Erica, but have yet to lay eyes upon the rest.  Sam will be arriving in late April, and Laura will be working part time for a good portion of the season.  I will be staying all the way until November!

I took this photograph when I visited.  It sure is pretty!

field

No comments:

Post a Comment